Friday, August 29, 2008

The highlights of my week at school

~ My termite (the one who ate his popsicle stick last week) moved out of state unexpectedly.
~ Another student with really difficult behaviors moved out of state, too.
~ A child (who, sadly, didn't move) took off his shoe and threw it at my head.
~ I took the shoe-thrower to the office because of his behavior...something I'd never done in my teaching career. The office staff noticed that and almost fell over themselves to get the principal to hurry and take the child from me, saying, "Ms. (ME) NEVER brings anyone to the office. This one must be a doozy!"
~ I started off Tuesday morning with a note from a really angry mother who said another child had grabbed her son's penis and she was demanding justice. (From the tone in her note, I think she wanted the offender put to death.)
~ The assistant principal was gracious enough to deal with the penis-grabber (and the mother of the "grabee"). Gotta love her!
~ A stomach virus has already made the rounds in my class and I didn't get it!
~ The shoe-thrower did get the stomach virus and was absent the next day!
~ I amazed my class by being able to read Chicka Chicka Boom Boom without ever even turning the book to see the words. (I did NOT sing it for them, though.)
~ I've now read (actually recited) Chicka Chick Boom Boom and Chicka Chicka 1, 2, 3 more times this week than I care to count.
~ A student asked me if I stayed at school all night. (I assured him that I had a house and even kids. He didn't seem to believe me.)
~ I sat in on two IEP (special ed) meeting for kids in our preschool class. One of the assistants from that class covered my room during the meetings. When I got back, after not quite two hours, he said, "I don't know what you get paid but I know it should be tripled!"
~ Alli subbed a day at my school. I loved getting to see her off and on during the day, as well as in the van coming and going.
~ The long holiday weekend starts today!
~ I can't imagine having any other job in the world!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My twins were angry one night and refused to go to bed b/c they insisted I stayed up all night to watch cartoons and eat cookies. I love how they assume we do what they want or think our lives only happen while they are around.

I am sure you should have your salary tripled.