Sunday, August 31, 2008

I love weekends, especially long ones

It's nice to have 3 days off. I went to school for a while on Saturday. Alli went with me. I've been needing to sort my classroom library, as the books were all jumbled together. I've lacked the motivation to get it done. Asking Alli to go along got me going. We spent a couple of hours there and got the job almost completely done. It feels good. We are planning to go back for another couple of hours tomorrow and get it finished up. I'm so busy during the days with the kids there and I've had an after-school duty almost every day. I hate feeling behind. I can't catch up during regular school hours. I'm determined that this is going to be a great school year...even if I do have 30 students in my class before the year is over (just kidding...I hope).

Beth's been out tonight and just got home. Alli and Boy Wonder are at his father's house, camping somewhere on his property. (I'm glad it's them and not me. I like flush toilets and hot showers too much.) Elvis and I have had the house to ourselves and not done a single thing. He's watching a Blue's Clues DVD on my bed. I'm watching Diary of a Mad Black Woman on TV in the den. (One of my guilty pleasures. "Call the Po Po, 'Ho" is one of my all-time favorite movie lines.) Mostly, I've just enjoyed knowing I have tomorrow off, too.

No comments: