Friday, August 22, 2008

I made it!!!

I made it through the week with my whole class. There were times I had my doubts but feel it went well over all. I did have one child who ate the stick along with his Popsicle this afternoon. I didn't see it happening but he came over to me with little wood pieces all over his face and hands. That was the only explanation. I'll be sitting at his table next Friday when we have Popsicles for snack again.

We're having wasp issues at our house. We can't get from our front door to our cars (or from cars to the front door) without being swarmed by what appear to be red wasps. Beth and I have both been stung this week. We aren't provoking them. I never even saw the one that got me. We've learned to duck and run now. I don't want to continue living like that. I'm afraid they have built a huge nest under the eaves of my house. My mother offered to come try to spray them. (Doesn't that sound safe? My 71 year old mother on a ladder spraying poison at the world's largest wasp nest.) Instead, I think I'll call the kid who lived next to us growing up. Obviously, he's not a kid now. His father worked for Orkin when we were kids. He later owned his own pest control place. Now his son's in the business, too. I think he'll give me a fair price and he's usually rather entertaining. What's better than that? (Other than my mother on a ladder with a can of Raid.)

No one from Beth's school called me today. I guess that's a good thing. She said the principal came and talked to her yesterday. I don't know why he bothered. She said he asked her for her side of both issues from Wednesday and afterwards said, "Well, I believe the teachers." He did tell her he knew she wasn't usually a problem kid. (He actually thought she was new to the school since he didn't know her.) She's going to have learn to do as she's told in situations like that. I'm just chalking this up to life experiences and moving on. I just really want her to graduate. Her boyfriend is working tonight so she's out with BFF. They've gone to a movie and to see what else they can find to get into. BFF has to be home by 11:00 so they won't be out too late.

No comments: