Sunday, August 17, 2008

Now I really want to beat him

The following is from our local newspaper regarding Beth's BFF's brother:

"(BFF's brother's name) was arrested and charged with underage consumption of alcohol, public intoxication, possession of drug paraphernalia, theft of property of more than $1,000, vandalism of property of more than $500 and fraudulent use of a credit card."

WTH was this kid thinking? He graduated in the top 10 from a HUGE high school in May. He is so smart and has so much potential. He has grandparents, a sister, many aunts, uncles, and friends who love him unconditionally, yet he chooses to do this. BFF is embarrassed to go back to school. She's staying home tomorrow. She wants to change schools. I'm so sad for them all. I'm so angry at him. I wish I had a magic wand and could fix this. Yet all I can do for any of them is pray.

3 comments:

Kimmah said...

She can always come to my school.

What a moron he is...I guess that's proof positive that alcohol and drugs can make you do really stupid things. Ugh.

Mongoose said...

Honestly I'm not sure what high school grades, intelligence and rowdiness have to do with each other, or why he shouldn't make his own choices just because he got good grades and other people want him to do things differently. None of these charges are particularly unusual behaviours and a lot of kids from "good families" do the same and get grounded rather than charged, it all depends who catches them.

What I do find shocking is that they would publish a youth offender's name.

Mongoose said...

Later that day, I remembered that you're in the US so "underage" doesn't necessarily mean a minor. So I withdraw that part of my comment.