Tuesday, August 5, 2008

School has started

We've survived two full days. Beth has met dress code standards both days. I have to admit the students look very nice in their neat jeans/khakis and polo shirts. Only 171 more days to go in the school year. I hope she makes it. My class is coming together, too. This is the week the new kids come individually for short testing appointments. Next week, they come in small groups and stay all day. The following week, everyone descends together. That will be the longest week of the school year. After that, things start getting better...usually. With 23+ students, it may take a little longer.

I got a call from Cori's adoption worker today. Cori is moving to an adoptive placement tomorrow and they want to stop by and pick up what she has left here. I'm leaving it on the porch, as they won't be here before I have to leave for school. Happy trails, Cori.

I'm doing something for the first time tomorrow. I'm going to a movie by myself. I haven't ever done that but I really want to see Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. No one else in my life seems to want to see it. It starts tomorrow and I plan to be at the first evening showing at our local theater. I'm actually looking forward to it. And, it's during "Happy Hour" so the ticket will only cost $5. I'm worth $5. (Just don't tell the theater staff that I'm sneaking in a snack.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If your "snack" involves a round glass bottle, do not drop the bottle on the floor and let it roll to the front of the seating area. W's No. 1 rule!

momma-o-minnie said...

And if you do drop the bottle and it has "alcohol" in it, don't stand and slur out, "Hey dude! Uh! I think I dropped sumthin' up there! Kin you pass it back?"
(It's happened to me (not the dropping - the kid behind me yelling out)

Jane said...

The movie was good. I forgot my purse this morning so I couldn't sneak in a snack. (I spent $2.25 for a 20 ounce Diet Sundrop in the theater.) So, alas, no I didn't drop anything or have anything roll away.

Momma-o-minnie - I can top your alcohol story. I was in the band in high school. Someone brought a bottle of "alcohol" on the bus for an away game. When it was empty, they passed it forward to a chaperone to be thrown away. Can you say "chaos?"

momma-o-minnie said...

My son came home once with 2 empty bottles of wine and then tried to tell me that they were his girlfriend's aunt's... DUH! Do I look stupid? Needless to say, he didn't go out for a very LOOOONG time!
Same kid came home from college with 7 empty hard liquor bottles and a bong "for decoration"! He was in rehab within a week. (He's still in it!)

I canNOT imagine the nightmare that bottle caused! WOOW!!! I'm sure heads rolled.

Anonymous said...

Your secret is safe with me...I do good to take our family to the movies so we always pack a snack(-: