Thursday, August 7, 2008

Starting Monday...

Elvis will be a student at my school. We had his IEP this afternoon, instead of tomorrow. While I didn't get everything I wanted (he's certified as multiply handicapped) I'm perfectly happy with his classroom placement and services he'll receive. His speech therapist seems excited to work with him and that makes me happy, too.

Wish us luck as he transitions to a classroom. He's never been in a group setting so this will be quite the shock to his system. There are 5 other kids in his class - 3 of whom I've known for a couple of years now. I think, after an adjustment period, he'll be just fine. Then I can relax until time to re-certify him in the spring. However that battle is a few months off. For now, I'll just work on processing the fact that my baby is going to school.

No comments: