Thursday, August 7, 2008

Having withdrawals

Having noticed that I spend waaaay too much time watching The Gilmore Girls DVDs and too little time doing things that needed to be done, I'm attempting to get through this school week without any visits from "Rory" and "Lorelai." That would explain why I'm awake and on the computer at almost 11:00 tonight. I usually fall asleep listening to them. At this point, I've watched every episode of all seven seasons at least FOUR times each. I won't do the math but there are 21 episodes in the first season and 22 in the other six seasons. That's a lot of Gilmore.

Truthfully, I'd have to admit I'm watching them to escape. I don't know exactly what I'm escaping - the drama that is my life, the chaos that is my life, the chaotic drama that is my life? All of the above and then some, I'd have to say. At least it's not a terrible vice. I could be drinking or smoking or engaging in any number of other, much more dangerous vices. So what if I like to spend more time in "Stars Hollow, CT" than in my actual home town? The people are friendly and they are much more weird that the folks I know in real life.

Anyway, tomorrow after school, I have a date with the set of season 1 DVDs. Elvis will probably join me, as he loves the theme song. Yes, my life is a little dull right now but it hasn't been in over 10 years. I think I've earned a little dull. I think I need a little dull to learn to live with it. So, TGIF and to each his own!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So you want more weird people in your life? I can help.