Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Get a life

As evidenced by this: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,435164,00.html Some people really need to get a life of their own and stop trying to just annoy others for their own entertainment. Here's an idea: Don't like the doll? Don't buy it! If you bought it before you heard it? Return it! Problem solved. Running to the every news outlet in a 50 mile radius? Wastes.my.time. (Want to hear the "satanic" doll spouting evil mutterings? Go here. )

In my real life...Fall break is winding down. I'm not ready to go back to school but in some ways I am ready to go back. Weird, huh? I miss the predictable routines. I miss knowing when Beth will be coming and going. I miss knowing that Elvis is in his classroom across the hall from me. (And Elvis really misses being there. The boy LOVES school!)

Everyone is out today and I'm enjoying some peace at home alone. I'm watching Gilmore Girls DVDs (that I've seen many, many times before) and doing a little housekeeping - washing clothes, changing Elvis' sheets, a little cleaning in the kitchen. Absolutely nothing exciting but still comforting and quiet. I guess if I wanted to liven things up I could go check all of Elvis' toys. Surely he has at least one talking toy that, if I listen to hard enough, would sound like it's saying something controversial like, "Adults who listen to dolls need serious help."

No comments: