Thursday, October 9, 2008

Second Solo Movie

I'm officially tired of fall break. Beth doesn't do well with the loose schedule and uses every opportunity to escape. She didn't come home last night...because the car of the friend she was visiting didn't have working windshield wipers....of course it didn't rain here last night so I'm not sure why she didn't come home. She's out again tonight. I'm almost to the point of not caring any more.

Anyway, I got out of the house today because if I didn't, I was going to have to kill someone (anyone). A friend needed her kids dropped off at her office in the next county. I left home just to do that and got home almost 7 hours later - LOL! I dropped the boys off and headed back home. Along the way, I stopped at my school to unload some stuff I'd bought for my classroom. (Parents take note - teachers spend a LOT of their own money on items for the classroom.) I unloaded the folding rocker and rolling storage bins and hung out in my room a little while, working on my class website. (I'm still really enjoying that.) While I was there, I started a website for the teacher next door who seemed unable to figure out how to do one.

While I was at school, I decided I'd just stay until time the happy hour (meaning $5 admission) showing of "Nights at Rodanthe." I'll not spoil the movie for those who want to see it and haven't but let's just say I was angry at the movie by the end. I guess I'm just not cut out to be a fan of Nicholas Sparks books turned into movies. "The Notebook" (which every I know loved) bored me. This one pissed me off. It really surprises be because I'm a sucker for romantic books/movies. I think I'm done with ones by Sparks now.

After the movie, I stopped by Wal-Mart, just to pick up some pictures I'd had printed. I managed to spend another $36 on groceries while I was there. I left Wal-Mart and headed to Aldi to do the bulk of my grocery shopping for the next week. I got home and got the cold stuff put away just in time to watch the new Grey's Anatomy. Now, I'm ready to go to bed but I can't because I need to do laundry for tomorrow. Alli/Boy Wonder have clothes in the washer and the dryer. Again, I may have to kill someone.

Big plans for tomorrow! I'm meeting my friend who I haven't seen or actually talked to in about 20 years. I'm excited and nervous. It's odd how we were practically best friends for the first 20 years of our lives and then went the next 20 years with no contact. We didn't part angry at each other. I don't know that either of us actually meant to part. We just drifted apart in college. We've done some preliminary catching up via email but I'm looking forward to some real life catching up tomorrow.

No comments: