Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Darn weather

The weatherman tempted us with the possibility of sleet/freezing rain overnight. Sadly, it didn't hit our area. It's all around us and many, many school districts are either closed or opening late. Ours, however, is open and on time. Not that it really affects me. I'm home today with sick Elvis. However, it would have been nice for schools to be closed, thus saving me a sick day.

Alli is working today - subbing in the PreK class. Boy Wonder is taking her to school. I asked if he'd rather take her or come sit in the den so he could hear Elvis if he woke up. He chose to take her and that's fine by me. I've got frozen sausage balls in the toaster oven. I'm thinking I'll make a cup of hot chocolate and have my own personal little snow day until Elvis wakes. Once he's up, the day is all about him. He does have an appointment with his "Dr. Girlfriend" this afternoon. (He LOVES that woman.) We're hoping (well, I'm hoping) he's cleared to return to school. There are only 2.5 more days of school before Christmas break and I've got things I have to get done.

No comments: