Monday, December 22, 2008

I failed

I couldn't find Eclipse in stock anywhere. I even drove 20 miles away to Target and Books-a-Million. They both had books 1,2, and 4, in the series but NO ONE had a single copy of book 3. Guess it wasn't meant to be. I'm beyond bummed. I would have driven on to the next big city if I knew for sure someone there had it. However, this is not the time for a wild goose chase. So...I'll wait....none too patiently. Hopefully someone will get it in stock or someone who owns one will finish it and loan it to me. In the meantime, I have plenty to do. I'd just rather be reading about Edward.

4 comments:

Yondalla said...

You could read it as an ebook on your computer (or certain cell phones)... look here:

http://www.ebooks.com/ebooks/book_display.asp?IID=291774

Or get it as an audio book and listen on an MP3 device here:
http://www.audible.com/adbl/site/products/ProductDetail.jsp?productID=BK_LILI_000634&BV_SessionID=@@@@1853289481.1229992848@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccccadefmkgejdecefecekjdffidfji.0

Jane said...

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm just such a book nerd, though. I need to hold the book in my hands. I also tend to flop on my bed or floor to read. Sitting at the computer for 500+ pages would never work.

I'm trying to use this as a time for personal growth - delaying gratification and what-not. (Actually, I'm just going nuts waiting!!)

Juicebox.mom said...

I just started the first book Twilight about 2 days ago. Funny...it was exactly like with Beth. My 13 yo (former foster, now adopted, who HATES reading) asked me for the book. I got it for her right away, she only made it thru about 30 pages. But I'm hooked!

Jane said...

I'm hooked, too! Beth made it through book 1. It's book 2 that lost her. I keep telling Beth to try again - it's worth it. Book 2 is less Edward and more Jacob, but it's still worth reading. I'm assuming book 3 will build on book 2. I'm beginning to think I may never find out, though.