Thursday, January 15, 2009

Baby, it's COLD outside!

It's before 6:00 in the morning and I just checked the weather. It's 17 degrees out with a windchill of 4 degrees. And I left my coat at school yesterday. And I have early morning bus duty today. Aren't you jealous??

And the worst part of all this? This time tomorrow morning, the forecast says it's going to be ZERO degrees. We don't have weather like this often. It hasn't been this cold for six years. The highs today and tomorrow will be in the mid-twenties. I can't imagine sending my kid to the bus stop with a windchill of -10 degrees. Especially when it's likely the bus will be later than usual because it wouldn't start in the cold.

3 comments:

Juicebox.mom said...

Ditto here with the weather, my kids are all praying for a 2-hour school delay. I'll have them put in a prayer for your school district too. :-)

Jane said...

IT WORKED!!! We have no school on Friday! Tell the kids "thanks!"

Juicebox.mom said...

Great news!! unfortunately we didn't even get a delay :-( Enjoy your weekend!