Sunday, January 11, 2009

Wow, what a week!

As last I posted, my aunt died unexpectedly Tuesday morning. She had multiple health issues but no one had any warning that she was near death. Her husband was having chest pains Monday night and, after a trip to the ER, ended up spending the night in the hospital for further testing. My aunt had felt a little sick that day and stayed home. (Another aunt came to stay with her.) Oddly, my aunt and uncle would have been married for 40 years in April and this was the FIRST night they'd ever spent apart. No one knew it at the time it would be my aunt's last night ever.

All I can think is how sad this is. She leaves behind a son and daughter, both adults and on their own, and two beautiful granddaughters. She was such a part of all their lives. I'm sure they'll be lost without her. Hug your friends and families and tell them (don't just assume they know) how much they mean to you. You never know when (if) you'll get the chance again.

I spent the rest of the week teaching during the day and staying at the funeral home for visitation at night. Beth came to the funeral home on Thursday night. Alli couldn't be bothered, I guess. I was off Friday for the funeral. I called the court clerk about the subpoena. She said I needed to talk to someone at DCS. What fun! I called DCS and ended up with the supervisor who doesn't really care for me. I explained my problem and she said she'd talk to the lawyer and have someone get back with me. I never heard anything back so I just didn't go to court Friday. We'll see if I end up in jail over this.

We had a couple other deaths in our extended family this week. My sister-in-law's co-worker lost her husband and my mom's aunt died, too. They say these things come in threes so I'm hoping that's my "three." I guess we'll see as this week progresses.

In Alli pregnancy news, she is having a cerclage done January 22. She will have to stay home a week after that but if all goes well, her doctor says she can go back to subbing after that.

Beth started her last (we hope) semester of high school last week. So far, she seems to like her classes. She's still new at her job, too, but things are going well there, too.

And me? I'm just hoping to stay afloat. I'm working on getting my house in order and keeping up with things at school. Let's hope I make it!

No comments: