Saturday, January 3, 2009

My break is almost over

School starts back Monday. I have no complaints. We had a good, long break. I haven't worked since December 19. I realize that not everyone gets that much time off for the holidays and I do appreciate that I do have it. I was just thinking that I'm not even sure I can name all my students right now. That means it was a true break. I'm kind of excited to see them. Kindergarten kids grow up a lot over the holidays. They'll come back excited to see everyone and pick up where we left off.

I also realized today that I've barely been out of my house for over a week now. I went to the movies a week ago Friday afternoon. I went to Walmart late Tuesday night. I ran a few other "drive-thru" errands but that's it. I haven't been in public since a middle of the night Walmart trip Tuesday. Again, I'm not complaining. I just don't usually stay home this long. I haven't been bored. Today I've watched two of my favorite movies of all time - Sleepless in Seattle and You've Got Mail. Can you tell I like the pairing of Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks? How odd that they were both on TV today on different channels. I was startled to realize how old they are. You've Got Mail was all about the internet when it was new. They had dial-up AOL, for goodness sakes! And in Sleepless in Seattle, Meg Ryan's character uses a type writer. YIKES!

Being as tomorrow is the last day of my vacation, I have big plans. The ABC Family Channel is showing a marathon of The Secret Life of the American Teenager. Beth and I watched these episodes back in the early fall when they were new. The new season starts Monday night and I've planned to devote my last day off to catching up on what happened last season. And I'm looking forward to one last day of not doing anything I don't want to do. I think I'm in good shape for school to start back. We've got food in the house for dinner and school lunches. There is nothing I have to do tomorrow. That feels good right now. Because there will be a LOT of things I have to do starting Monday.

No comments: