Tuesday, June 2, 2009

They are sure this time

Alli got another text yesterday telling her that her uncle had died.. (again - LOL). I asked if she was sure he was really dead and she read me the text message from her cousin that said, "Uncle C is dead. I'm sure this time." The family has no money for final expenses so he's being cremated and not having a service.

Pardon me if I seem a little cavalier about this death but, simply put, he was not a nice person. He was young enough and (until a couple months ago) healthy enough to work. He chose to spend his time pursuing illegal activities instead of honestly trying to provide for himself and his family. This left his now 19 year old daughter to financially support the whole family (bum father, 21 year old sister, and herself). Ordinarily I could have gotten past that but literally hours after his mother's funeral in January, he demanded that his father give him some of his mother's furniture and belongings. He wanted them so badly that he almost came to blows with his father. Did he was them for sentimental reasons? Nope, wanted to sell them to pay off a drug debt. That was the last straw in my book.

I feel really sorry for his daughters. As most good daughters do, they loved him dearly despite his faults. I'm sure his siblings and father (on some level) will miss him, too. The rest of the world? Should probably breathe a sigh of relief. RIP, Uncle C.

No comments: