Wednesday, October 3, 2007

To Do List - Update Number 2

We are leaving for vacation in just over 14 hours. Here's where my life stands:

1. COMPLETE! I found respite for Deb! For the record, I just secured that respite about 20 minutes ago and I really wanted to start it tonight but it was way too short notice to even ask the respite mom. So, we'll drop her off on our way out of town in the morning.

2. NOT DONE! However, I can piece together friends, family, and neighbors to do the basics. We'll only be gone 3 nights.

3. COMPLETE! And I liked his answer! (That doesn't happen very often.) The changed the requirement and all trips over 50 miles each way qualify for reimbursement. And, I can back that up to July. Hot dog! He said a 50 mile round trip would get me about $23. I've made about 10 of those trips each month - July, August, and September! Hooray! I will have some extra cash!

4. NOT DONE but I can do this as we drive tomorrow so not a problem.

5. Basically COMPLETE. I still new a few odds and ends but we'll be in a Wal-Mart somewhere along the way. We can't travel and not visit Wal-Mart. That would be rude.

6. COMPLETE! (Confession - I did pack some dirty clothes but we will have a washer/dryer there.)

7. NOT DONE - Still playing phone tag but, again, I have 8 hours in the van tomorrow. Unless I'm in Wal-Mart, we should connect.

8. COMPLETE - many times over.

9. NOT DONE - I don't see it/smell it any more. I'm stupid enough to go seek it out.

10. NOT DONE - Plenty of time to do this next week.

So, I didn't get it all done, but I'm ready to travel. I had a few unexpected issues today (a hole in my last contact so I had to schedule an appointment for an exam) so I feel good about my progress. And, with my new contacts, I can see!!!!

No comments: