Friday, January 18, 2008

Totally unsolicited commercial

I believe in buying American - really I do. I don't remember that my parents ever discussed this with me. I do know we always had American-built vehicles. As an adult, I didn't think much about it but I did buy American just because I happened to like those vehicles. A GM plant is located near us and that has reinforced my choice to buy American, as I have friends who depend on that for their living. I believe in buying American-built whenever possible.

That being said, I am in LOVE with a Nissan Quest. My van is in the shop and I just called the rental place and told them I needed a minivan. I went to pick it up and it is awesome! I've always been happy with my new-to-me Dodge or Chrysler vans. They're good. The Quest, however, is my new best friend. I love the way it looks. I love the way it drives. I love the layout and organization of everything in it. It even has the shoulder belt and headrest in the middle of the 3rd row. (Why can't Chrysler seem to do that? Everyone else can.) It's very spacious inside. I can totally see me buying one of these as my next van. So what if when I visit certain friends that I may have to park across the street because they don't allow foreign vehicles in their driveways? Will a GM worker really be laid off if I buy a Nissan? (By the way, I do believe my current Chrysler van was actually manufactured in Canada?)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go with the QUEST, they are really nice, your friends will be wanting rides in it. Enjoy it while you have it!

Anonymous said...

You can check content. Isn't there a Nissan plant in Smyrna? Most Fords are put together in Mexico. Many Hondas, Toyotas, and BMWs are built in the U.S. It's not a straightforward as it used to be.

Happy driving!

Steph

Kimmah said...

hondas, nissan and toyotas are as american as dodge and ford--the only difference is the CEOs that get the big bucks are in Japan, not the US. The WORKERS, which are who I give a flip about, are US and they are given good materials to build good vans with.

Once you've had a Honda, you will be disappointed in every other vehicle you own. I'm counting the days until W. graduates and I can get myself a nice Toyota or Honda or Nissan. American cars just feel cheap to me. I haven't like a single one that I've had. I miss my Accord. *waaaaaaaah*