Sunday, February 24, 2008

Weekend wrap up

~ I'm still sick. I'd hoped that I'd magically be healed by NyQuil and the absence of kindergarten children this weekend. Guess not.

~ Alli has managed to dump Elvis on me or Beth whenever possible this weekend. This gets old. She wanted someone to keep him all day yesterday but no one would. I offered to keep him from 6-10. She readily accepted but didn't get home until 10:30 and that was after I'd texted her 3 times. I don't see myself offering even that in the future. She offered to pay Beth to keep him "for a few hours" today. Therein lies the problem. There is no concrete definition of of that time. Alli's been gone since noon and it's almost 6:00. Beth is ready to be Elvis-free and I have to agree that a few hours is less than 6.

~ Cori continues to work my nerves. We're all busy around here but her. She sits and eats and posts vulgar things on her myspace page. That is the extent of her existence around here. She keeps asking what she can do to help but then does it half-way, if at all. Most of the time, she's just in the way. I've stopped asking her to do much because it just aggravates me further. I don't need any extra aggravation from her. She offers enough just by being here. She vomited again after lunch today. Within 30 minutes she was digging in the fridge looking for something else to eat. She's not physically sick. I really think it's just one more way to annoy me so I ignore it if I can at all.

~ With the exception of a 12 inch by 12 inch strip of wallpaper over the fridge, our kitchen is wallpaper-free. The old wallpaper paste, however, still thickly coats the walls. It is taking forever to scrub that stuff off. I have to, though, because the painted surface will be rough if I don't. (Beth is currently working on removing that last 12 inches of wallpaper because if I had to do it, I really might go crazy!)

~ Replacing the squishy sub floor in Alli's bathroom has turned into a full-fledged bathroom makeover. Since the shower stall had to come out to repair the floor under it, we might as well replace the harvest gold shower, right? Since the shower stall is bigger than the doorway, we have to cut a hole in the wall between the bathroom and the laundry room, right? Since we are already cutting that hole, and since there is plenty of extra room, we might as well replace that shower stall with a full size tub/shower combo, right? You get the picture. We've gone from getting new sub flooring and vinyl to reconfiguring the whole bathroom and also getting a new toilet, vanity, counter top, and tub.

No comments: