Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Another Wednesday night Lowe's trip

We've decided to tile the floor in the new bathroom. Ordinarily I wouldn't bother but the new sub flooring is almost an inch lower than the old, making a fairly significant difference between the bathroom floor and the floor in the adjacent bedroom. This, of course, will mean more money and more decisions. I went to Lowe's tonight to peruse my tile options. I've found two that I like (and can afford) so I've got to decide. I'll do what I always do - have someone else make the decision. My sister-in-law has a knack for all things decorative. She's hoping to carve out a little time to go with me Saturday and make the final decision.

I actually left Lowe's without buying a thing. First, I forgot to take the faucet that I needed to exchange. Second, the tile backer board that I was going to buy was too big and awkward to fit in my van since I already had two car seats and a wheelchair (all Elvis', by the way) in there. I'll leave cash at home in the morning and ask the carpenter to run get them in his truck. He'll be gone two hours to do it and I'll be paying his hourly rate for them, but I just couldn't deal with it tonight. I did grab some paint samples while I was there. Beth wants her bathroom lavender. I think I found one that I can live with. The new bath is going to be a tan color and I've narrowed it down to 3. (SIL will make the final decision by choosing the one that will look best with the tile.) All in all, to not have spent a dime, I was in a decent mood when I left Lowe's. That's good these days.

I got home and was about to put on my PJs when I remembered that I'd forgotten to fill Beth's ADD med. She went without it today and said she needed it for tomorrow. She got dressed and we ran to Walgreen's at 10:00. She even drove. Despite wishing I was in bed, it was a fun trip.

Tomorrow is a loooong day at work. After teaching all day, we have parent conferences until 7:00 PM. I'll leave home at 6:50 AM and get home a little after 7:30 PM. I don't usually mind parent conferences but we just had them about a month ago and not much has changed in those few weeks. The only family I need to see has the flu so they can't even come. I do hope to get some filing done in my classroom. I'm way behind on that kind of stuff.

The weekend is already looking to be a busy one. Beth wants to bring a friend home from school on Friday and then have another friend come to spend the night with them after she gets off work. Cori has a dance at her school on Saturday and wants to have a friend come over Saturday afternoon so they can get ready together. I can then drop them both at the dance. Somewhere in all that I have to squeeze in the Lowe's trip with my SIL and - the big one - a trip to the brand new Target near my school. It's been open a week and I haven't been in the doors. I've decided to buy our new shower curtains there. That's all I'm allowing us to purchase. I can't get sucked into buying things. Two shower curtains, two rods, and two sets of hooks. The end. (It's been a long standing dream of mine to have a Target in our town. Now, I get to drive past a Super Target twice every work day. Who says dreams don't come true????)

No comments: