Thursday, March 13, 2008

Back to Lowe's

The employees in certain sections know me now. I guess that's a good thing. Sadly, the guys in the flooring department aren't my friends. Two nights in a row I've been unable to get some help there. To be fair, I'm looking for help in the last 15 minutes before closing and I'm sure they are getting things put up so they can hit the door at 9:00 sharp. I did get my faucet exchanged tonight. I think I've picked a tile all by myself (well, with phone consultation from my SIL). I bought one tile to bring home and look at in the bathroom with the paint samples.

After being chased out of Lowe's at closing, I went to buy gas. We needed some and the prices seem to rise each morning. I figured better tonight than tomorrow. I also needed to solve another problem. The van smelled like a big fart, for lack of a more socially appropriate description. Before pumping the gas, I performed all sorts of gymnastics maneuvers attempting to locate and remove all visible and partially-hidden trash, hoping in the process to remove the source of the unpleasant odor. My dismount from the third row seat lacked grace but I got extra points for a high degree of difficulty. 10.0 all the way, baby! I even managed to hold on to the no less than 6 partially-empty water bottles I'd removed from the various cup holders back there!

I came home and continued to de-junk the van. Elvis had a booster seat (not car booster seat but one we use in restaurants/people's houses), 3 lunch boxes, 2 cups, 1 pair of socks, and 5 blankets all loose in the van. No wonder we didn't have room to move. All that was on top of his huge car seat and his wheelchair, both of which stayed in there. I dragged the rest of the junk into the house and planted it in a big heap outside Alli's room. I did turn the light on in the room where I dumped it all so she has a fair shot of seeing it before she actually trips over it. (Remember, you may say passive-aggressive. I call it entertainment.)

As for the source of the big fart smell? I think I narrowed it down to either the sippy cup of Pediasure that has been in the van for about 2 weeks, the open but not empty bottle of chocolate milk, or the huge bag of trash that possibly contained the badly decomposed body of Amelia Earhart. I hope I was successful but I won't know until tomorrow morning. We'll run out the door, late, no doubt (when my weather guy says it's going to be raining) and open the doors to judge my success, or lack thereof. We'll either enjoy the sweet smell of success or drive to school with breathing through our mouths. Life is an adventure. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must be a real slob !!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

yeah, 15 minutes before closing is not the time to start shopping.