Monday, March 3, 2008

Cori mail

I found a letter addressed to me on my bed Saturday night. Cori had written two pages of all the things she thinks I've done wrong to her. I don't know how to or even if I should respond. She's not thinking clearly so I really think she will ignore/discount any attempt at explanation I might make. She said she doesn't know why I'm so mean to her. She said she has done everything I've asked of her and she has never done anything wrong. Should I respond point by point and give her my version of what happened? I could list the multiple rules she's broken, including the long distance phone calls she made last night, "because I wanted to." She just doesn't get that she can't do whatever she wants. She's convinced herself that whatever she wants to do is alright, just because she wants to do it. How do I convince her otherwise? Do I even attempt or just let her move on believing what she wants. I truly don't think that talking to her or even writing her back will do any good. Her thinking skills are so disordered that she just doesn't get it.

I called her case worker today but she didn't call me back. I'm guessing she won't call me back, either.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

zoinks, what a mess! Steph

Tudu said...

She is supposed to be moving soon, right? You are scared of her, right? I personally would not rock the boat. Tell her you read the letter and you are so sorry she feels that way. You never intended to hurt her feelings and you know she will be happier somewhere else. Tell her you get frustrated by her choice not to follow house rules and ask what you can do to help make this easier until she she leaves. I would be firm on the rules, best you can, but not let this get as big as she is hoping. Tell her you are proud of her for telling you her feelings and you hope she will do the same with her new family.

I would only get sucked in my the kids that were staying. Since you have a fear of this child I would make nice until she goes and push it along.