Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I win

I have the least attentive kids in the world. I walked out of the house tonight, carrying a bag of trash to the trash can. At least 3 of them saw me and knew what I was doing - Alli, Boy Wonder, and Cori. While I was out there, I took one of the big cans to the street since tomorrow is pick up day. Then, I decided to run to the grocery and get some fake Splenda. (We drink lots of tea sweetened with fake Splenda. Running out of it is almost a crime.) Anyway, I was in the driveway. My keys were in my pocket, along with my debit card and license so I just hopped in the van and headed for the Piggly Wiggly. I was gone for an hour and 15 minutes. Evidently, not one of them noticed that I hadn't returned from taking that bag of trash out! Or, maybe they did notice and were just enjoying the peace? Anyway, thanks for caring, guys. I'll make sure to return the favor.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's going to be a long summer for so many reasons.

Jane said...

I'm looking forward to summer. Cori should be gone by then. That relieves a lot of stress. I still think Beth will take off at 18. That will hurt a lot but her birthday is early in the summer. There will still be time to enjoy some after I've grieved.

Anonymous said...

You need to discuss whether she will stay and follow the rules or if she will leave. I think that may have been the problem with the other one, not having a clear understanding of the consequences because you may have been afraid to confront her. After all, she didn't pay rent, got pregnant, and got married and you fixed her an apartment to live in. What would your mother done?
Incidentally, when is her birthday?