Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I'm ready

I'm ready to go back to school. I know I'll regret those words at 5:20 on Monday morning but I feel the need to be out of the house and distracted by real life a little more. It's too easy to sit here and feel sorry for myself. I need to be back in my routine, away from the kids, and have a real life...or at least as close as I come to a real life.

I have pretty much done what I wanted today. Which was almost nothing. I slept as long as I wanted and then took a nap. I was Elvis-free as his mother is back and knew better than to even start to ask me to watch him. He was extra cranky last night when she got home. Nothing seemed to make him happy. This was explained when he had a seizure shortly after falling asleep. It's been while since he had one and none of us thought that the crankiness might be a seizure warning. He's been known to tip us off like that.

Alli and Boy Wonder got up this morning and ran to Wal-Mart to pick up their pictures from the trip. (You know, the pictures I won't look at.) They went to his house (his mom's house?) and stayed there most of the day. They were back here a couple of hours for Elvis to nap and then went back to his mom's for dinner.

Beth's annoying friend did not go to her dad's so she's still around this week. Beth is our running loose with her tonight. There will be much whining when I make her come home at 9:00 but she'll live.

Cori was a bit disappointed with her birthday gift of the prepaid cell. She's gotten over it a little. She really wanted to be added to my family plan so she had unlimited nights and weekends but I can't trust her with that and I have enough to police without adding extras. She's discovered that she can send or receive 3 texts for only one minute of air time she's texting like crazy today. I think that's made her feel a little better about it.

Who knows what tomorrow holds? It's Elvis' therapy day but I haven't asked Alli if she plans to take him. If she is (and if Boy Wonder is going back to work) I'll ride with them. I don't mind the trip and it's nice to have a little time alone with her. If she's not going for whatever reason, I have GOT to get my bathroom primed and painted. I've put it off all break and I just can't let myself go back to work without finishing it.

No comments: