Sunday, May 25, 2008

Okay, no Cori today

But at least they called and I didn't have to drive to a far away county with gas approaching $4 a gallon for nothing. Cori called early this morning and left the message that they had to be somewhere at 3:00 this afternoon so not to come. They will be in my town tomorrow for to visit the foster mom's daughter, so I can just take the stuff to them there, saving me from a lot of expensive driving. I'm good with that.

Of course, this also allows me to put off packing her stuff up. Her room is FULL of things. I have to go through everything to weed out the contraband items. I'm ready to get it done. I just haven't had the heart to spend the time to do it. It will wait until tonight, I guess.

Beth has friends coming over to swim tonight. I don't mind them coming but I do dread it a bit. Groups of teenagers tend to get stupid in a pool. I worry about someone getting hurt. On the plus side, Beth is busily cleaning the house today in anticipation of their arrival. So, I guess a few hours of supervising wild kids in the pool is well worth the clean house.

No comments: