Saturday, May 17, 2008

Zzzzzzzz

That's been my weekend so far - sleeping. I enjoyed my silent house last night and was sound asleep before Alli, Boy Wonder, and Elvis got home about 9:00 PM. I woke up about 10:30 because Elvis was screaming on his Aunt Beth's bed and his mother was at the far end of the house with 2 doors closed between them. I got up, grabbed him, and got him ready for bed. He snuggled up with me and we were both asleep by 11:00. Alli came and got him about 11:30ish.

I woke up early this morning because there was chaos in the house. Alli and BW were going fishing. Beth was on Elvis duty and had to be home by 8:00 so they could leave. She brought her friend that she'd spent the night with. After the fisher-folk left, I did get up and make pancakes and sausage for the rest of us. I piddled around the house, completing some tasks and ignoring others. I ate a leftover pancake for lunch and went back to bed about 1:00. I woke at 5:00. It's 7 now and I'm considering eating some dinner and going back to bed.

I have a few theories on why I'm so tired. (I never nap so this is definitely out of character for me.) First, I'm just tired. I haven't been sleeping well. I'm up on school mornings by 5:30 and rarely in bed before 11:00. I'm sure part of my problem is depression. Also, there is just so much going on at this time of year (end of school, doing some creative re-financing on my rental property, the stress of Alli's heath issues and Cori's departure, etc.) Whatever the reason, I'm just going to relax and go with the sleepy flow this weekend. I need the sleep. It feels good. I'm just going to go with it. Monday morning, I'll be up and at 'em early. This is the last week of school for the kids. They go only Monday through Thursday. I work Friday, am off for the weekend plus Memorial Day, and then work Tuesday and half of Wednesday. Then I'm DONE until late summer. Feels good. Feels real good!

No comments: