Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Beth update and general update

She came home Monday night, 15 minutes before her curfew. BFF came with her and spent the night but that was fine with me. I'd told her she could. Today, Beth's been fine. She's been home almost all day, other than a quick run to the grocery with BFF. She's still here tonight, without BFF who went to work and then is spending the night at her house without Beth, for a change. I have to say it's gone better than I expected. I did think she'd come home but I was expecting bitchy, snotty teenager behavior. She's been fun. You have to learn to enjoy the positive surprises. Goodness knows, she's probably going to be back to bitchy and snotty way too soon for my liking.

Speaking of bitchy...after all my whining and complaining about Alli and Boy Wonder seeming to go out of their way to hurt my feelings, I need to update you on them. I've really enjoyed them the last week or so. They've been chatty and helpful. They've done things with me (helped with nasty chores and fun stuff). They've invited me to join them in things they are doing. Again, I'm just going to enjoy the positive things while it lasts. I've been on this roller coaster long enough to know I have to enjoy the "ups" while they are happening. What goes up must come down but I don't want to waste this time worrying about that.

BW's dad is coming tomorrow to start on their bathroom. They are excited and so am I. It's long past time to have that done. In the interest of time, we're skipping the woodwork and getting straight to the business end of the bathroom. A toilet and shower and much more important than crown moulding and baseboards. Those can come later. Money is still tight so I'm going with the necessities for now. We can "pretty it up" later...when I win the lottery...or sell a kidney.

No comments: