Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Devil, himself...

I just got a call from Satan...OK, not THE Satan, but close enough in my world right now. The local guy (former realtor, sold me my house) who rents vacation properties just called me. We've rented from him quite a bit. We've stayed at one of his condos in the mountains for several years for spring break. We've stayed at one of his beach condos every year for the last 6 or so years. It's just awesome. It's my very favorite week of the whole year. It's on the beach. The kids are old enough to supervise themselves, leaving me to enjoy myself as saw fit, even if it was just hanging out in the condo working on scrapbooks. I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that week in his condo! That one week allows me to put up with the crap in my life for the next 51 weeks of the year.

This year, for several reasons, I didn't call to book my week. I have NO extra money right now. At the time I usually reserve it, Alli was pregnant with Blair and planning to move out. Beth was (and still is) threatening to move out on her 18th birthday next week. I was really sad about this but have comforted myself with the fact that there is nothing I can do about it anyway. I mean, the whole summer there is usually booked by the end of January. No since fretting about it now. It's too late to get a week..............

And I was OK with that. As OK as I could be, considering the circumstances of my life for the last few months and right now. Until I just checked my answering machine. To find a message...from him....Satan in the form of a property owner with with not just one, but TWO open weeks at my idea of heaven. Oooooh, the temptation! It's taking every bit of my willpower to not call him back and scream, I'LL TAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still can't for basically the same reasons as before. I have zero disposable income right now. My relationship with Alli is stormy, at best. Beth could still move out with no warning on Tuesday. (And then why do I need with a 3 BR, 2 BA beach condo by myself?) But, man, I want to go to the beach. I was so OK with not going when I thought all hope was lost. Darn him for calling and causing me this anguish! If you know me IRL and are intersted in splitting a beach condo with me, let me know. I WANT TO GO!!!!!!!!!! *insert a very big whine here*

1 comment:

Mongoose said...

Can he get you a smaller place for a week, or is that the only condo he has at the beach?

I really don't think you need to worry about Alli and Beth in regards to your one week. They're adults and they're not being considerate to you. Take off, take care of yourself, forget their BS for a week, tell yourself you don't care even if you do... What have they done lately to deserve so much devotion on your side? Just do something for yourself. You're not their slave and you deserve better.

In my opinion.