Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Grrr

The beach-goers were home by a little after noon. They've been home less than an hour and I'm ready to send them back.

They came in, dropped their stuff off in the den, went back to their room for a minute, and then left to return the rental car. They never once saw or even asked about Elvis. When they got back, Elvis was in the den with us. The only comment was, "Damn. His hair looks awful."

Beth asked Alli about the rest of the money for Elvis-sitting. Alli told her that she (Beth) would have to go get it because she (Alli) was not going out again today. So, Beth took Alli's bank card and left. Five minutes later, Alli came through the house looking for Beth, saying, "Did she leave already?" I said yes. "Damn, they better get back quick. I want some food and I need my card." She stomped around, complaining because Beth had done *exactly what Alli had told her she could do.* In the spirit of making peace, I asked her to relax and told her I could lend her the money until Beth got back. I was totally ignored.

About 5 minutes later, Boy Wonder comes by, grabs Elvis from the chair where Alli left him, and took him to the bathroom "to see what we can do to help your hair." A slam from BW...just what I didn't need. I NEED A PLUMBER! I'm getting their bathroom finished this month if it kills me! I'm locking that door between our homes and staking my claim!

No comments: