Friday, June 27, 2008

Twice in two days

I've now been to a local cemetery twice in the last two days. We were actually there twice within a 24-hour period. Beth and I went yesterday to visit Blair's grave. Beth hadn't been since the funeral and wanted to stop by. I'm making a onetruemedia montage of Blair's...(is "life" the right word?)...Let's just say a montage of all things related to Blair. I lacked a picture of her temporary grave marker so I took the camera along. We stopped and bought some flowers for her on our way. After that, we drove through the cemetery on our way out. Beth had never seen the mausoleums/crypts/whatever you call those things that look like **drawers or shelves. I drove as close as we could and explained to her what I knew of them (not much, I guess, since I don't even know what they are called). As we left, she mentioned that her (bio) uncle was buried in that same cemetery. It's a big place and the office was closed so would couldn't look him up. She came home last night and called a bio cousin who was able to direct her to the general area of his grave. We went back tonight to find him. We did. It took a while and we had to tour the whole area but he was located and Beth was satisfied. I guess it's just something she needed to do. I was glad to help her do it.

**To satisfy my curiosity, I googled to find out what they were called. I think "community mausoleum" is the correct term for the drawers/shelf burial system...not that you care but it was bugging me.

1 comment:

momma-o-minnie said...

Blaire lived... You are honoring her life. It was brief. But you are honoring her few precious minutes of life... don't discount them.