Friday, July 25, 2008

I survived day 2

I managed to get up on time and get to school on time. YAY! Shock of all shocks - The meeting this morning was actually useful. Obviously someone screwed up by scheduling a meeting that did, in fact, teach us something and help us do our jobs better. Heads will roll, no doubt, because if word gets out that we had a training that actually applied to our job assignment, people will expect it all the time.

The afternoon was spent back at our own schools. We got an assistant principal last year, so this is our first time to start a school year with her. She has high expectations for all and doesn't let anybody get away with much goofing off. She kept us in meetings most of the afternoon but they weren't too bad and, again, I got some useful information from them.

I even had a good evening tonight. I came home and "chilled" a bit and then Beth, Elvis, and I went to Wal-Mart. Normally, I hate Wal-Mart on a Friday night. (Actually, I hate Wal-Mart any time.) However, we were having a serious grocery shortage and I needed some stuff for school. (I spend a fortune on supplies for my classroom every year.) The best place to get groceries and office supplies here is Wal-Mart. (Yes, I could go to two different stores but loading and unloading Elvis' bulky, hefty wheelchair is a pain. The less I have to do it, the better!) It was busy, but not horrible. We ran into a few people I know, some of whom I haven't seen in forever. It's always nice to catch up with old friends, even if it's only in the canned veggie aisle.

$223 later, we made it home with a LOT of stuff to unload and sort. We should be set for food for a while. Beth went out with her new boyfriend for a while tonight when he got off work but was home a full hour before her curfew. Elvis ate SIX containers of Trix yogurt, drank a chocolate Pediasure, and knocked out right about his bed time. Like I said, it was a good evening for us all.

No comments: