Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Fate hath smitten me...

I was standing in the doorway to my classroom this morning, welcoming the kids when what do I spy but the kid with behavior issues who "moved away" on Friday. Turns out they had some problem with the house they were renting/leasing/buying in their new state. He's baaaaack!

All is not lost. He's only here for two more weeks. And, I don't mind him. He's nothing I can't deal with and he can be quite funny at times. I was, however, looking forward to having only 21 kids in my class for a while.

I just wish I hadn't spent all that time this weekend removing this child's name from everything in the classroom. Now the dilemma...do I re-label everything for two weeks or do I just tell him to use the un-labeled everything (seat, cubbie, supplies, etc.)?

In the meantime, Alli subbed today and is scheduled for tomorrow. She's working!!!!!!! It's not a permanent job but she's out of the house and doing something. I'll take that for now.

No comments: