Friday, September 5, 2008

It was a long "short" week

TGIF! Nothing horrible happened this week but it seemed to last forever - despite Monday having been a holiday.

Yesterday was the loooooooongest day. It was an early release day for the kids (meaning they were in school from 8:15 until 12:01). After they left, the teachers had a 30-minute duty-free lunch followed by an afternoon of meetings. This is the first time we've had these days and the scheduling was awkward (my class ate lunch at 10:15) but not too bad. To finish off the day, however, we had parent-teacher conferences from 4:00 until 7:00. Those 3 hours really dragged. I had 12 conferences scheduled and they all went well. It was just a long day. Eleven hours at school is a bit much, even for the most dedicated of teachers.

Today it's rained a lot. I guess we are getting the remnants of some long-gone hurricane? Whatever the reason, we needed the rain. However, rainy days mean no recess. And Fridays are my days at school with no break. So I was up-close and personal with my 22 students all day long. On top of yesterday's long day, this was trying, to put it nicely. We all survived, though. No one was permanently harmed. And, I don't dread going back Monday. All in all, it was an okay week.

I'm just glad to be home. Elvis and I picked up a pizza (and cheese bread, like I needed that) on the way home. When we got here, I had Alli come get him while I retreated to my room to watch a Netflix that's been sitting around the house for over a week. (The movie was Penelope, and I really liked it. It was definitely a "rent-it" and not a "buy-it" but it was a nice way to cap off my week.)

I'm finishing my evening off by goofing off online and planning to snuggle into bed with another Netflix I haven't had time to watch yet. This one was Beth's pick and I may or may not make it through it. I have a very low tolerance for anything involving Paris Hilton. It's called The Hottie and the Nottie. I don't have high hopes so I don't expect to be disappointed. If it's too bad, I'll turn it off an move on to the the Gilmore Girls, which I haven't watched in a whole month now! I'm impressed with my willpower but glad I made it. Now, I can watch them again. All is right with my world...until the next disaster happens, anyway.

No comments: