Thursday, January 1, 2009

*Woof*

After a year of breaking every tradition I've ever had with the kids, I shouldn't be surprised that 2009 started off the same way. Our New Year's Eve tradition of board games, sparkling grape juice, and experimental fondue was gone with the wind.

Beth was out with Spider-Pig. Alli and Boy Wonder were in their part of the house. I sent Elvis with them. I rang in the new year sitting on my bed watching a marathon of Dog, The Bounty Hunter. Don't feel sorry for me, though. I LOVE that show! I don't know why. I certainly can't explain it. It's not a fact that most people who know me well would even expect. I will usually stop channel surfing and watch it whenever I find it on. They are rough and tough, and have unquestionably bad taste in clothing and hairstyles, but they are a great family. I guess that's what draws me to them. Very few of them are actually related through blood or marriage but, they love each other and support each other, and all of them know that. If you haven't watched it, give it a shot. Not just one episode, though, because you'll never be able to "get it" that quickly.

No comments: