Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008

Wow, what a year. A year ago, I listed the highs and lows of 2007 and made some predictions about what I thought might happen in 2008. As you can see, I nailed some and missed some and could never have predicted some. The highs and lows of 2008 are pretty much represented by updating last year's predictions:

Alli didn't only move in with Boy Wonder...she married him. Only she didn't move out. He moved in. Good idea? Bad idea? A little of both maybe, at least for me. However, for Elvis, it was the RIGHT decision. He's still here so I can keep an eye on him and make sure he's being cared for. I can put up with a lot of crap from the "happy couple" for the peace of mind that fact gives me.

Beth did not go to Brazil with the mission trip. She wanted to on some levels and then didn't on others. Money was a factor but if she'd absolutely wanted to go, we'd have found it some where.

Cori did leave my house and drama was involved. The drama was the closure of my foster home based on false allegations by Cori that were never investigated. While this hurt my feelings, I was okay as I really think I was done fostering.

Elvis did start kindergarten this fall and has LOVED every minute of it. He gets mad at us on holidays and breaks because he can't go to school. As much as he likes school, I've had some concerns about the classroom. We'll finish the year there this year but will be looking at alternate placements for next year.

Alli did have Baby Blair but not at all the way any of us thought it would happen.

And, as stated above, I was done fostering. I just could never have predicted how that came about.

So, here we go with a new year. Do I dare think about what 2009 has in store for us?

Here we go again, I think Alli will have a baby (duh)! (Sound familiar? Let's just hope for a different outcome with this pregnancy.)

I think Beth will graduate from high school. There have been many times I thought this would never happen, but if she stays on her current path, she will graduate. She's passed all the tests. She just needs to pass two classes and attend school. She can do it!

I'm planning to get my life under control (about time, huh?). I want my house put back together (finish home improvement projects, pleasantly decorated and presentable, and kept decently neat, clean and tidy). I want my body put back together (lose weight, much better fitness level, and much better social life). And I want my emotions put back together (stop basing my mood on the actions of the turkeys around me). It's time to grow up and take charge of my future. If I don't, no one will. I haven't always believed it, but I AM WORTH IT!

I would not be surprised to see Beth and Spider-Pig join their lives in 2009. I don't know that it will be through marriage just yet but it wouldn't shock me if they moved in together. Don't judge me. They are both adults and they will make that decision, not me. All I can do is love her and support her (and make sure she knows my feelings on that subject - which she already does).

I think Alli and Boy Wonder will continue their path of ups and downs. I do hope they find some sort of employment or I may have to kill them. If they think their lives are hard now, just wait til they add a newborn to the mix. That situation continues to worry me.

No comments: