Thursday, January 22, 2009

$85 worth of freedom

I didn't mean to go so long without posting. The 4-day weekend was great but it made it hard to get back in school mode. Tuesday was a little wild at school. I wanted my class to see the inauguration but it was right at our lunch time. I ended up taking them to get their lunches a few minutes early and I took them back to my room so we could watch the event. No matter what side you were on in the election, history was made Tuesday and I felt like my class should see it. They were actually excited to see it all...except for one student who kept saying, " 'arack Obama is going to get shot today." For a while I couldn't decide if her family just thought it could happen or if, perhaps, they were planning something - LOL! I could not get her to stop saying it. Thankfully, he's alive and well.

Alli and Boy Wonder have news. Alli had her cerclage today and all appears to be well. She's to stay off her feet for a few days but no one expects any complications. And....Boy Wonder has a job! He starts training next week. He'll be cooking at a new catfish restaurant. And, for the curious, no - he doesn't know how to cook catfish. That's why he's training next week.

Beth is still doing well. She's gotten the hang of her job. Sadly for her, this means it's time for the family to go eat there and see her in action. If any of the local readers are interested, let's plan a night at the steakhouse in the next week or so! She's also settling into her classes at school - the last set of new classes of her high school career...I hope. Just kidding. I really expect her to graduate.

In "me" news, I have $85 to spend at Target. I have $25 from a car seat I ordered last fall but they weren't able to fill the order. Target sent me a gift card to ease the pain. I got a $40 gift card from the grateful mom of a particularly difficult student for Christmas. Trust me - I earned that one! And, a wonderful, grown child of mine (who doesn't get mentioned here often but who I love dearly) sent me a $20 Target card for my birthday. So, when you add them all together, I have $85 just for me. I can't decide what to buy. I'm tempted to wander the aisles and see what strikes me. I never spend money frivolously on myself. I think in this instance, I WILL! If you have any suggestions, feel free to leave me a comment.

2 comments:

Mongoose said...

Gosh, that's a hard one! I always used to keep a list of "things to buy" in case I had money to spend. But it's been so long since I had any money, I've lost the list. Personally, when I have money, I plan on dying my bangs turquoise, but that might not be the thing for you. Plus I don't know what's at Target - never been to one. Good luck with learning to spend money again! LOL

Jane said...

LOL at the turquoise bangs! Sadly, it's not my thing but it is the general idea of what I'm going for - something I really, really want but wouldn't usually spend the money for.

Let me know if you get yours done!